Time for print (TFP) is a term to describe an arrangement between a model, make-up/hair stylist and a photographer whereby the photographer agrees to provide the team with an agreed number of pictures of the best photographs from the session, and a limited license to use those pictures in return for the time of every team member.
A variant of this arrangement is Time for CD (TFCD) or Time for Download (TFD). With TFCD, the photographer provides the selection of images on a CD/DVD instead of prints. With TFP, the photographer provides the selection of images via a downloadble ZIP package, email or via WeTransfer.com
There are benefits to both parties of such an arrangement. The model can build a portfolio of prints to show to prospective clients at little or no cost, while the photographer gets a model for a particular project with little if any outlay of cash.
The following conditions or rules are followed for working on TFP/TFCD/TFD basis. Please read them carefully and contact me if you have any questions about them.
- Expecting a serious and professional attitude from every teammember.
- Modelling experience is not mandatory, but recommended
- Extra effort by providing a theme, location, styling or makeup is highly appreciated
- Proper and timely communication via social media, email or phone. No answer in a couple of days will be see as no interesst.
- No last minute cancellations accepted unless beyond one’s control.
- Everybody pays for his or her costs, that will include also travelcosts.
- TFP contract will be signed by all teammembers.
- No lingerie or (semi) nude when the model is younger than 18 years old.
- The photographer will select and edit the pictures. In some cases the selection can be done together.
- In average 5 pictures with a maximum of 10 will be selected and retouched in Photoshop and delivered to the team.
- Bringing an extra person to the shoot with you is possible, but preferable discussed to not interfere during the shoot.